Just in case some of you have missed these great postings, I thought I’d put out a round up of recent posts that caught my attention:
The refurbished Project 2010 TechCenter on TechNet from Jan – http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectadministration/archive/2010/06/29/announcing-project-2010-techcenters-on-technet-refreshed.aspx
The CU Webcast Series (sorry to be missing the first one – http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectadministration/archive/2010/06/16/microsoft-project-and-project-server-2007-and-2010-cumulative-update-webcast-series.aspx
Some very cool PowerShell stuff from Christophe on Secure Store configuration – http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectadministration/archive/2010/06/04/how-to-configure-sharepoint-2010-secure-store-service-using-powershell.aspx
Great resources list for Workflow and Demand Management – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/06/22/technical-resources-on-workflow-demand-management-in-project-server-2010.aspx
Excellent sample from Jim Corbin on using departments in code, and the WCF FaultException – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/06/22/creating-a-project-for-a-department-and-using-the-wcf-faultexception.aspx
Brian Kennemer’s Nerd Candy on the new Dynamic Workflow Solution Starter – http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectified/archive/2010/06/30/3341381.aspx
And last and certainly not least Jan’s announcement on the Solution Starters that got Brian so excited! – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/06/29/announcing-project-2010-solution-starters-and-related-resources-available.aspx and this last one deserves a little more air time, so here is a list of what we have released:
- Demand Management Export & Import Tool – Example of how a partner can export and package EPTs and all other associated entities (Stages, Phases, PDPs, CFs, …) so that customers can import as a single SharePoint feature.
- Bulk Edit Tool – Tool to edit project custom fields simultaneously.
- Bulk Import Tool (a.k.a. SharePoint To Project Importer) – Tool to import projects from a SharePoint List.
- Dynamic Workflow – Dynamically create a linear workflow based on stages.
- EPT Association Tool – A tool that creates an intuitive unified hierarchical view that allows a user to easily create and maintain EPTs, by seeing all of the individual stages, PDPS, and custom fields all in the same place.
- InfoPath Form Viewer Web Part – View and Edit an InfoPath Form in a PDP. This is most commonly used to allow users to fill out a survey.
- Project Workspace List Viewer Excel Project Cost Capture – A web part that allows users to view and edit list from the Project Workspace.
- Workflow Visualization Web Part – A web part that visually represents the workflow and allows users to track where they are in the workflow.
- Report Builder Tool – Tool to create an excel report with the SQL connection already configured.
- Workspace Project Custom Field Web Part – Web part to display Project Custom Fields on the Workspace.
- Excel Project Cost Capture – Example of using Excel to create/capture financials
All up on the Code Gallery at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter