Great work by Jim on the September update of the Project 2010 SDK – http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/09/14/september-update-of-the-project-2010-sdk.aspx. You can either get the download or the online version. Its nice to have the download – as it gives you the sample code and a bunch of other reference material, but check the online too, as it may have some new stuff since you downloaded – and community content.
My favorite new and updated topics – plenty of good things on custom fields and lookup tables, which can be tricky to work with. PSI Extensions in the new WCF world, Workflow, and more on the JSGrid:
- Using Formulas and Graphical Indicators with Custom Fields
- Creating Lookup Tables and Enterprise Custom Fields
- Custom Fields and the Reporting Database
- Overview of WCF and the PSI
- Developing Project Server Workflows
- Project Server Error Codes now includes a WCF-based code example for getting a list of errors.
- Developing PSI Extensions