*** Update 11/3 – non-English installation? scroll down to Raphael’s comment where you will find some tips on getting this working ***
We are pleased to announce the release of a new Project Online Content Pack for Power BI. Starting October 26 2017, Project Online users will be able to download the new content pack directly from AppSource:
Comprising of 13 visually rich report pages, the new content pack is designed to support the management needs of project managers, portfolio managers and resource managers, by retrieving planning and execution data from Project Online and arranging the data to support timely decision making.
The new content pack report includes reports in three key perspectives: Individual Projects, Portfolio of projects and the organization’s resources. Each perspective encompasses the following detailed report pages.
Individual Projects – This perspective includes 2 report pages presenting information of a single project at a time:
Portfolio of Projects – This perspective includes 6 report pages offering multiple analysis angles on portfolio of projects:
· Portfolio Timeline – An interactive timeline of projects in the portfolio, their planned start and finish dates as well as completion data.
· Portfolio Milestones – Key milestones in the portfolio and their statuses.
· Portfolio Risks – Aggregated risks across the portfolio and their impact on the portfolio.
· Portfolio Issues –
Resource – This perspective includes 5 report pages:
· Resource Overview – A view of all the resources in the portfolio and their detailed information.
· Resource Assignments – Deeper view into how resources are invested across the different projects in the portfolio, with information on their progress in current assignments.
· Resource Details – A summary of a selected resource including availability, assignments and work over time.
· Resource Demand Forecast – Forecast of demand for resource in upcoming time periods, based on current plans and predictive analytics.
How to set up the Content Pack
Go to this Power BI site to learn how to set up the Content Pack.
Where can I find the new Content Pack?
The new Content Pack is available for download, directly from Power BI through ‘Get Data’.
Will the new content pack replace the previous Project Online Content Pack?
Yes, the new content pack replaces the previous Project Online Content Pack. The new Content Pack offers a larger number of reports and leverages latest Power BI capabilities, for a richer analysis experience.